Saturday, November 19, 2011

Starbucks Buy One Get One Free deal, review, and gift ideas!






Hey peeps! So I wanted to write a not-so quick post to let you know that Starbucks (Yay!) has a great deal going on right now. Buy one get one free on any of their holiday drinks! You can pick any size and you can pick from Peppermint Mocha, Gingerbread Latte (Yum), Eggnog Latte, and Caramel Brulee Latte. If you're not into coffee the Peppermint Hot Chocolate qualifies too! This deal started on November 17, 2011 (I know, I know why didn't I tell you earlier??? For crying out loud I didn't find out until today ok!?) and it will end tomorrow November 20, 2011 so make sure you stop by today or tomorrow and take advantage of this fabulous (yes, I said  fabulous) deal! The special is only from 2 pm to 5 pm so don't miss that window of glorious caffeine opportunity!

So, what did I get you ask? I usually get a sugar free latte of some sort because I try not to eat sugar too often cuz it gives me allergies, I break out in fat you see... Sooooooo because I decided to splurge today and because i'm getting a cold (Thanks Lexa!) I went with a friend and got myself a Gingerbread Latte to try out for the first time. But wait! That is not all I got! I also got a Peppermint Brownie Cake Pop. OMG it was sooooooooooo good you guys! It was like the best chocolate peppermint thing-a-majig i've ever had in my mouth! According to Starbucks it is: a chocolate cake mixed with butter cream and candy cane pieces, dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with candy cane bits. Holy cow, probably has a bazillion calories I didn't read that far, but it's the weekend and i'm getting sick so what the hey. It was rich chocolatey, and peppermint-y and just perfect for getting in the spirit of the holiday season. (FYI I am going to be making these cake pops myself later on and i'll post pictures and the recipe so you can recreate them at home and give as gifts or just eat them in a corner hiding from the world)

How was the Gingerbrad Latte you say M'dear??? Well on this blustery day of 81 degrees here in South Texas I decided to get a hot drink to keep me warm and toasty... Sike... Well I don't care if it's hot I so desperately want it to be cold but it never happens! So I  get hot drinks and wear mittens and scarves and get hot Starbucks drinks ok? No but seriously folks, It was very good, frothy, sweet (but not too sweet which is great) and a little spicy and tasted just like a gingerbread cookie )at least that's what I imagine a gingerbread cookie tasting like, i've never actually had one... blasphemy I know..)
It was topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Here are some pics to feast your eyes on:



Purdy red holiday cups!


                                    Mmmmmmmmm!



                             Peppermint Brownie Cake Pop



                                   Sweeeeeet!

I also want to mention that Starbucks came out with a Skinny Peppermint Mocha this year which is made with skim milk, sugar free mocha sauce and sugar free peppermint syrup. The tall is only 100 calories! Also if you do low carb order it breve and there you go perfect guilt free holiday drink! By the way I tried the Skinny Peppermint Mocha iced the other day and it was pretty good, I thought it needed more peppermint cuz I love peppermint but it was a really nice guilt free treat.

Also, (gosh do I EVER stop typing?? I try to make my posts short but I just can't! I have so much to say *sigh*) Here's some really good holiday gift ideas for any Starbucks fans on your shopping list



                             

No comments:

Post a Comment